Tahini Pasta from @whatluceeats
WHAT TO PUT IN
1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 white onion (diced)
300g caserecce pasta or pasta of choice
1 teaspoon of miso paste
90g fresh or frozen peas
1 bag of Steve’s Leaves Baby Spinach & Super Leaves
Handful of fresh basil
300g silken tofu
100ml oat milk
Pinch of nutmeg
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
Pinch of chilli flakes
WHAT TO Do
1. Begin by heating a large pan on a medium heat and adding the oil to it. After a minute add the diced white onion and allow to cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
2. Meanwhile add the pasta to another pan, cover it with water and cook on a medium heat as per instructions.
3. Next add the miso paste to the onion and combine.
4. In a blender prepare the sauce by blending the tahini, silken tofu, oat milk, nutmeg, nutritional yeast, and garlic. Blend until smooth and then add to the pan with the onion and add the peas. Turn the heat down to low.
5. Drain and rinse the pasta in cold water to stop it from going too soft. Add it to the pan with the rest of the ingredients along with 3/4 of the bag of salad leaves.
6. Combine well and allow to cook for a few minutes more so the peas cook and salad leaves wilt slightly.
7. Chop the remaining 1/4 of the bag of salad leaves up finely along with the fresh basil and combine.
8. Once ready to serve split the pasta between three dishes and top with the salad leaves - basil garnish. Option to add a few chilli flakes for a subtle kick against the creaminess.