Pesto Mushroom Risotto from @whatluceeats
WHAT TO PUT IN
3 shallots (finely diced)
250g mini portobello mushrooms (sliced)
400g risotto rice
50g dried porcini mushrooms
700ml vegetable stock
50g dairy free butter
3 garlic cloves
1 bag of Steve’s Baby Watercress and Little Leaves
20g dairy free parmesan Handful of fresh basil
50g pine nuts
40ml extra virgin olive oil plus 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
WHAT TO Do
1. Place the dried mushrooms into a bowl and cover with 500ml of boiling water. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile heat the teaspoon of olive oil on a medium heat in a large pan and add the diced shallots. Cook for a few minutes before adding the sliced mushrooms and 1 crushed garlic clove.
3. Pour the dried porcini mushrooms plus the liquid into the pan and add the risotto rice. Combine and add the vegetable stock a bit at a time whilst stirring.
4. The rice should take approximately 20 minutes to cook completely. Make sure you stir every 5 minutes. Whilst the risotto rice is cooking prepare the pesto by roughly chopping a 1/4 of the salad leaves along with the basil.
5. Place them into a food processor along with the remaining 2 garlic cloves, parmesan, pine nuts and 40ml olive oil. Blend until your desired pesto consistency is reached.
6. Add the butter and remaining 3/4 bag of salad leaves to the risotto and combine well. Allow to cook for a further 5 minutes so the leaves wilt slightly.
7. Plate up the risotto, top with the pesto and garnish with chives and any remaining pines nuts and/or parmesan. Enjoy!